Friday 6 February 2015

What's in my bag?

I have seen posts like this on many blogs and in vlogs on YouTube and, being the nosey person that I am, I love to have a good look into what people have in their bags so, I thought I'd post the junk that accumulates in mine!


My bag is from TK Maxx made by Dune. My mum bought it me for Christmas. We had been shopping one day, saw it and I fell in love but knew I didn't need it so left it for someone else. My mum had sneakily gone back the next day and bought it as my present and I'm so glad she did because I love it. It's such a gorgeous colour and, as all my bags need to be, acts like a Tardis with the amount of room inside it.



So I think the pictures are pretty self explanatory but I will give you a little detail about some of the things in my bags;

  • The fabric shopping bag is always shoved at the bottom of my bag for when I'm out charity shopping and I decide that it would be a good idea to save the planet and use my own reusable bag rather than getting a plastic bag everywhere I go.
  • My glasses get very lost at the bottom of my bag and are rarely worn. They are tortoise shell on the out side with a sea blue on the inside. They're by Charles Stone and my mum has the smaller, more rectangle lens frame. I wouldn't have let her get the same but I helped her choose hers not realising I was getting some new ones too so had already told her to pick the other pair just because they're so nice.


  • The book that is currently being battered around in bag so I can pick it up to read wherever I am is 'Notes from a Small Island' by Bill Bryson. It was recommended to me by my mother (who I am mentioning far too often in this blog post) as a funny read about Bill Bryson's, an american, points of view on the British. I haven't read a lot but you may hear about it in February's book review post, as long as I don't get bored and actually read enough books to post about!
  • The quirky patterned book carefully placed on top of the above book is my 2015 diary. It's in disguise by not looking at all like a diary. I picked it up from TK Maxx and I love that it's a bit different.


  • My grey Kipling purse was bought for me for Christmas from my boyfriend. Not the 2014 Christmas just gone, but the previous 2013 Christmas. I'm proud of how clean it's staying. It's a large purse but it fits all the rubbish I've got inside it, including all the receipts I never clear out. My mum (mentioned again) needed a new purse a while back so I recommended it to her and she got it in a sky blue colour and now she's bought it for her mum, so that's three generations with this purse. 

 And finally, the general junk:
  • Tablets - I actually have about 3 packs of paracetamol, 1 pack of ibuprofen and 2 packs of another type of tablets. You never know when you may need them. Usually it's someone else who is asking me for them.
  • A hand bag table hanger thing that holds your handbag off the floor and hooks onto a table. Fantastic description. It the metal circular thing with the fake blue jem in it.
  • Bodyspray
  • Hand wipes - always very useful/hygenic
  • Tissues - no one likes to keep sniffing. Actually, some people do and, in those cases, I really wish I could thrust one of my tissues under their nose and tell them to shut up.
  • An umbrella - I live in Britain and I think that's enough said.
  • A pen.

I hope you liked this different style of post!

Bye for now! x

No comments:

Post a Comment