Tuesday 3 February 2015

The problems of being an artist - #2

I have a feeling this series is going to make me appear like a very negative artist. I'm not; there are just a few minor issues that come with the job.

Appalling nails being one of them.
 

Okay so they don't look so bad here but that's only because I'm making a huge effort to make them look half decent. You can see here that they are quite short, that's because they are constantly breaking to a point where I just have to cut them all to a short length and attempt the growing process again. They will also usually have paint under or around the edge of the nails which is literally impossible to remove. It may sound simple but I can scrub for hours with no success and it just ends up looking like I haven't cleaned my nails in months. Or my hands for that matter because they'll have some kind of ink/paint stains on them too.

It's kind of annoying that I can't show you their usual terrible state because of the fact I'm trying to make them look good.

So my nails are constantly splitting and I don't know how to fix that (help me?). I'm trying to stop the constant breaking nails by filing them to an even length and ensure I always file the parts that break rather than biting them off. Yes, I bite the broken bits off and yes that's a horrible thing to do. I don't bite them generally, only when they break. But I'm determined to get out of that habit, keep them filed and put a clean clear coat of nail polish on top to attempt to harden them. Wish me luck!

Bye for now! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment