Saturday 4 October 2014

Baby Drawing


Despite the fact I haven't actually done any art properly in a long time, I did finish this drawing the other day. Although, I started the drawing over a month ago and probably did most of it within 45mins but then left it to finish the finishing touches another day and that wasn't until earlier this week. That's typical from me. I'm too scared to say that I'm finished. Perhaps it's because someone else's judgement may be that it isn't finished so I don't want to commit to thinking it without another's approval.

Anyway, it is now finished.

This was actually as an unpaid commission for a friend. They had their first child just over 2 years ago now and they gave us some photos of him after he was born. I decided to spontaneously draw the one picture of the baby yawning and gave it them as a gift.


Here is the instagram photo of that drawing.

So this year they had a new baby and thought they'd keep the theme going by giving me a photo of him yawning for me to draw. The result is the drawing at the start of the blog. I'm quite happy with it.

What I find interesting is the similarities and differences between the two drawing styles after 2 years. It's mainly the learnt technique that has changed rather than the style of the art.

I hope you like both drawings and feel free to comment with any opinions.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment