Tuesday 27 January 2015

Charity shopping (thrift shopping) madness!

I've not been feeling great lately and something that I have done a lot of is watching YouTube videos. I watch YouTube videos daily anyway of different YouTubers that I subscribe to but I recently stumbled across The Fashion Citizen again and, although we don't have any kind of Goodwill or another huge thrift store in England, I have been so keen to go charity shopping. Retail therapy is the best kind of therapy, especially when you're getting a bargain! 

You are going to have to keep a very open mind on what you see in this haul. On reflection, the clothing seems a little out there but, I think I can justify it all and with different outfits it won't look as mad as it seems (I may even post the clothes worn with an outfit if anyone would want to see that.)



This first thing I got was this coat (the first image shows more of a true colour). When I saw it in the shop I loved the pattern but noticed the hideous band/belt around it and thought I'd better leave it. My mum picked it up after me and was saying it looked good and noticed the band around the middle could easily come off (we think someone may have added it themselves). It was a bit big on me but at £5.99 for a really decent quality coat I was sure I would be able to make a few adjustments to make it suit me! (Pictures of the change will hopefully follow in another blog.



This coat you may question. The lining (shown on the collar) is hideous, the red and green is garish, and on top of that it's cord, but I kind of fell in love with it. It seems huge but when I tried it on it didn't seem that bad and I'm actually really happy with it. It will be worn a lot and I will make it look fabulous. Haha.



Here is a simple long top. It's very easy to see-through so I am sure to be layering it up. My mum found it and I really liked it. It's a crochet design with little beads threaded through it (I tried to show them close up but they're really hard to see). I will get so much wear out of this, especially in the summer.


The pattern on this dress caught my eye, along with the neckline. I am planning on shortening the dress as I will more likely wear it like that. Plus it was only £1! Bargain.


This dress is made out of such a gorgeous velvet fabric with some lace detailing around the neckline. My mum picked this one out for me and she also offered to pay for it which was very nice of her (thanks mum).


Here's another slightly outrageous item but I'm pretty sure that when I layer it up with some simple clothes it will make it look a little less over the top. My mum reckons I should change the buttons, I'll just wait and see if I can be bothered! Otherwise I will just have to make them work.


This belt is just something I spotted which, because of the different plaited colours, will add to any boring outfit. I know I will wear it a lot so I thought it was one not to miss.


Finally a few small pieces of jewellery that I gathered. The simple wooden necklace is great to add to an outfit, the yellow flowers are really cute and the bracelet was just something a little different that caught my eye.

I'm excited to wear all my new clothes and adjust a few, which I may post about on here.

Bye for now! x


No comments:

Post a Comment