Tuesday 4 February 2014

Charity Shop Prices Have Risen

Yesterday I was linked THIS article about charity shops and the prices of the things they're selling. As a serious charity shopper I completely agree with the things being said here.

Now I work in a £1.99 or less charity shop, and you can't really get a better deal than that, can you? And that does mean that whenever I go into other charity shops they all seem pretty pricey to me because I'm so used to low prices. But, I'm so glad that people actually agree with how much they have gone up in price. They are much more popular these days with more people going to find a bargain and I can understand that the charity shops are noticing this and realise they can increase their prices and still get sales but when the prices of well worn clothes are close to those of ones you can buy new in the shops then I would much rather pay the few pounds more and have something new.

Maybe the charity shops need bringing back down to earth and realising that they are only selling second hand clothing and us buyers want to get our bargains! As the article says, they are selling things that they have been given free as a donation in the first place so they shouldn't get greedy.

Just a short blog most for now to highlight this article.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment