Thursday 20 February 2014

DIY Cheap Headboard

I'm just sat here warming myself up having been in the cold for about an hour and thought I'd right a blog post.


The other day I finished making a headboard for my bed. I'm sorry that in the photo above it isn't very clear, clearly it's camouflaged! I hope to add some kind of decoration to it to make it look a little more interesting as well but at the moment it is doing its functional job.

How did I do it? Well, I don't want to claim to any of the ideas behind it because it wasn't my idea at all. I followed THIS tutorial. There were many tutorials to choose from but this one seemed simplest to me. Partly because it meant I didn't have to buy a big sheet of foam to fit which could also be expensive. I used cardboard rather than wood for the backing and filled with old pillow stuffing which had over-used it's time inside the pillows. So I spent about £1 on this entire headboard as I did have to buy the material which is made from two curtains that I got in Red Cross for just about £1! Bargain.


You may be wondering why my headboard looks different to the one in the tutorial because when I got to the point in the photo above I felt it didn't look very neat or stable so I went and added another layer of fabric on top which smoothed the headboard out and brought it all together.


Now it's supporting my head when I'm in bed and is nice and comfortable. I just hope it lasts a while but even if it doesn't, I'm pretty happy with my £1 spent!

I hope you like this blog and let me know if you end up making a headboard too!

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment