Wednesday 12 February 2014

Excessive Charity Shop Buys

Today I went to do my voluntary work at Red Cross. It doesn't feel like I've done it for ages but I think it's only been about a week and a half. It's funny because, the last few weeks feel like they have gone on for ages but usually that happens when you've had nothing to do and have been bored. That's something that is certainly not true of my situation. Perhaps it's because I have done so much in that time! Anyway...

So in Red Cross I'm still doing that sorting that I talked about in this blog, and as a result of this I get first choice of all the summer clothing. So I'm taking advantage of that! I bought a lot... A jumper and trousers for my dad, 4 different items for my boyfriend (which I'm keeping quiet because he hasn't seen them yet)... In fact, I'm not going to list the quantity of items I got because there are a lot and you will genuinely think I'm crazy but I have reasons for everything - I make things out of a lot of different things that I buy.


This is one of the 4 tops (6 items of clothing) that I bought however, some of the others were a little plainer so I thought I would just show you these two. This one is quite plain but I really like the colour of it and I think it will go with a lot of things.


This top is one of our 'Encore' items which means that it is a new good from a shop that didn't sell for one reason or another. This didn't sell because it had a hole in the back but it is easily repairable and is actually under the cute little collar so can't even be seen. The fit is really nice on me and I love the little collar with the lace and beading.


This is another Encore item from H&M. I remember seeing it in the shop when it was full price and I wasn't sure whether I really wanted it but when it came into the British Red Cross I thought I might as well go ahead and buy it. I think it's really simple but will really add to an outfit.


Sorry about the quality of this one, I didn't realise it was out of focus when taking this photo. This handbag is so gorgeous though and such nice quality, it's really heavy because of all the beads. This is part of something I'm planning for my mum's birthday party (here you go mum, a little hinting at some of my plans).


So now I have some home items. I bought this because my dad has a bit of a sweet tooth when it comes to biscuits and I thought this was a really nice 'vintage style' jar that would look great in the kitchen.


And finally this Bath Salts jar. I know a lot of people may not like this but I just love how retro it is. I think it will look great in the bath room, not necessarily with bath salts in but no one needs to know.

I got so many other things than what I have shown here but it would have been a huge blog post and probably not made much sense! You may, however, see some of the things I've bought in later posts of DIYs or something so watch this space...

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment